Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Left 4 Dead

Oh.
My.
God.

I've been playing this game for 37.6 hours, according to Steam, in the last 10 days or whatever.
This does not include like 3 days when I was studying for tests and shit.
so on average 5 hours a day, which is significantly more than I usually play.

This shit is just so much fucking fun. Especially since my friends are getting it and coop and versus are infinitely better when you know someone has got your back.

I also updated my spray for the graffiti I did a while back:

It turns out really well in game. This is probably the best game I've played in a very long time. It's much better than counter strike because of the cooperation required, and because of the storyline that actually exists. Also, zombies. And versus mode is like crack when you're playing as the infected. much more skill and team strategy is required for an effective take down, and individual points don't matter nearly as much as the final objective of incapacitating or killing the survivors. You'll often have to act as bait when grabbing or pouncing survivors to lure them one way, focusing on one enemy, while a Boomer sidles up behind them and vomits all over. And then the other two allies attack, causing hell to break loose for the survivors.

And then you spawn as a tank and demolish the survivors.

Do I have any gripes? Not really. A lot of people whine on the forums about one aspect or another, but really they could be more productive killing zombies. A few bugs, but who the fuck cares? The weapons are a bit limited, but anything more would just be a novelty weapon or basically the same weapon reskinned. This is not a priority. What I *would* like to see would be more maps released regularly, which they promised, and maybe a tiny bit more storyline. I like the unique situations presented in the various maps, but I have yet to see one where the situation becomes a critical factor in the way you have to react. Generally it's just either "defend" or a lull where you regroup and heal. Maybe something where you have to use a sniper rifle to cover an ally while they do something, or have to swim across a river, so people will have to provide cover on the banks, because you can't shoot while swimming. I'm sure Valve can come up with plenty of creative elements.

Anyways everything is awesome when you've got 3 friends on your team and adrenaline is pumping through your system.

No comments: